Eligible students at the University of Houston recently participated in a Bent shining activity ahead of membership into Tau Beta Pi with the Texas Epsilon Chapter. See the image below, which was posted to the TX Epsilon Flickr account.
Five jobs of interest for February 2019:
1. Engineer II City of Largo in Tampa, Florida
2. Assistant Professor of Machine Learning at University of Wisconsin Madison
3. Transmission Operations Engineer at Portland General Electric in Oregon
4. Technology Engineer II at GKN Aerospace in Knoxville, Tennessee
5. Intern -Mechanical Design Engineer at with Caterpillar in San Diego, California
Thomas C. Katsouleas, Ph.D. (CA D ’84), has been appointed the 16th president of the University of Connecticut, beginning August 1, 2019. Dr. Katsouleas is currently executive vice president and provost of the University of Virginia.
According to the announcement, he is a leading plasma scientist and engineer. His Ph.D. was earned in physics from UCLA. He started his career in academia at the University of Southern California as an associate professor of electrical engineering. He joined Tau Beta Pi as an eminent engineer in 1998.