Sylvia E. Acevedo, NM A ’79, is the Interim CEO of the Girl Scouts of the USA and was recently profiled with a video on CNBC to encourage young girls to consider STEM careers. Acevedo earned her bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering from New Mexico State University and received a master’s degree in engineering from Stanford University.
In addition, Acevedo was honored on May 1 at the State Capitol by the California Latino Legislative Caucus with the 2017 Latino Spirit Award in health and science. Read the article for more information about her “longtime advocacy for underserved communities, including girls’ and women’s causes.” She has been a presidential commissioner for the White House Initiative for Educational Excellence for Hispanics since 2011.
Here is a list of current job opportunities:
1. Plant Engineer with Minnkota Power in Center, North Dakota
2. Cognitive Systems Engineer at Charles River Analytics in Cambridge, Massachusetts
3. Manufacturing Engineer II at Abbott in Atlanta, Georgia
4. Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering Technology at the International University of Grand-Bassam in Ivory Coast
5. Student Intern/ Co-Op at Siemens in Knoxville, Tennessee
6. Chief of Engineering and Construction with City of Baltimore Dept. of Public Works in Maryland
7. Capture Manager/ Sr. Outside Sale Manager I at Jacobs in Oak Ridge, Tennessee
8. Engineer for HV Battery Controller Design & Analysis at Ford Motor Company in Dearborn, Michigan
The City of Pocatello, Idaho, has named Jeffrey L. Mansfield, P.E. (ID B ’06), as the new public works director/city engineer. He will begin his new position immediately from his current position as senior engineer for the City. He will oversee the operation of the water, water pollution control, sanitation, streets, engineering, and science/ environmental departments.
According to an article from the Idaho State Journal, Mansfield served for 23 years in the U.S. Air Force Reserves as a civil engineer/ flight superintendent. He has a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Idaho State University and is working towards a master’s degree in civil engineering at Colorado State University.