Here is a list of current job opportunities:
1. Digital Signal Processing Engineer I with Boeing in Fairfax, Virginia
2. Director of Public Works with the City of Northampton in Massachusetts
3. Instructor, Electrical & Computer Engineering at the University of Akron in Ohio
4. Project Engineer with DNV GL in Thailand
5. Product Engineer (Defense specialty vehicles) at Pratt & Miller Engineering in New Hudson, Michigan
6. Director & State Geologist at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, Kentucky
7. High Voltage Engineer with Rex Moore Group, Inc. in Sacramento, CA
8. Postdoctoral Research Associate – Soft Matter Simulation with ORNL in Knoxville, TN
The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) news recently profiled an engineering design project by UAH engineering students. Kacey M. Tyra, AL D 2015, a mechanical and aerospace engineering senior led the team of students in designing and building a 3-D model of a brain “that would serve as an outreach tool for visitors to Greengate, a local private school for children with dyslexia.”
Tyra talked about the process of completing the project. “We’re just mechanical engineering students but we needed to know about electrical engineering and software engineering,” says Tyra. “For one part we ended up using robotics techniques, which is not something we’ve had detailed instruction on. So a lot of it we’d have to research ourselves or talk to professors and other professionals in the industry.” Read the article for more information on the project, its ramifications, and the team of student engineers including Tyra, who is a past vice president of the AL Delta Chapter of Tau Beta Pi.
A reminder that the deadline to apply for 2016-17 Tau Beta Pi Fellowships is February 1, 2016. Any member of Tau Beta Pi that plans to pursue graduate studies is eligible. Click here to read the information sheet for applicants.