This week, four students of the University of Wyoming College of Engineering and Applied Science were recognized with the school’s top awards. Three of the award winners are Tau Beta Pi members: (See the full list)
Elizabeth J. Smith – (WY A 2015) selected as the Outstanding Junior by the Tau Beta Pi WY Alpha Chapter based on academic achievement, activities and service.
James D. Follum – (WY A 2010) selected for the Outstanding Tau Beta Pi Member Award, based on outstanding service to the WY Alpha Chapter.
Stacia Slowey – (WY A 2013) selected as the Joint Engineering Council Outstanding Senior, selected by JEC representatives based on academic achievement, activities and service.
Tau Beta Pi would like to remind its members and alumni about upcoming events and gatherings. Click here to see the full calendar of events through June 25.
Sacramento, CA – June 1
New York Capital District – June 4
Colorado Springs, CO – June 6
Southeast Florida – June 11
Ann Arbor, MI – June 14
Atlanta, GA – June 25
The College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) has announced the 2013 Capital One Academic All-District Teams for men’s and women’s track & field/cross country, including Division I, II, III, and college (division). All First Team Academic All-District selections advance to the national Capital One Academic All-American ballot.
There were 12 Tau Beta Pi student members recognized on the men’s first teams and three on the women’s teams. They are:
1. Christopher D. Galvin – (MD G 2013) mechanical engineering
2. Nicholas R. Orzol – (PA E 2013) electrical and chemical engineering
3. Alexander C. Tully – (PA Q 2013) mechanical engineering
4. Luke P. Webster – (PA H 2014) chemical engineering
5. Joshua F. Baker – (MD A 2013) chemical & biomolecular engineering
6. Taylor W. Purdue – (NJ E 2013) mechanical engineering
7. Adam K Pacheck – (NY K 2014) biomedical engineering, Recording Secretary NY K
8. Evan M. Gates – (PA G 2013) mechanical engineering, Treasurer PA G
9. Nathaniel C. Spears – (TN D 2012) chemical engineering
10. Russell E. Drummond – (CO A 2013) civil engineering
11. Jarrod F. Sparks – (CO A 2012) petroleum engineering
12. Stephen J. Kocienski – (MA A 2013) mechanical engineering